29 September hallmarks World Heart Day, a day devoted to raise awareness about cardiovascular diseases in a bid to vanquish this killer disease. The year of 2000 witnessed the maiden celebration of World Heart Day. The chief purpose was to make common and unassuming people informed that stroke and heart diseases claim a staggering 17.3 million lives every year.
Since 2000, organizers of World Heart Day come up with a particular theme every year and this year’s theme goes like this – ‘Join the global movement for better heart-healthy choices, wherever you live, work and play’.
The World Heart Federation is leaving no stone unturned to make us become proactive and take initiatives to reduce stroke and heart disease. People from all walks of life are responsible for spreading the message; from individuals to governments, there is no exemption for anyone.
Easy steps to ensure a healthy lifestyle
Steps that are required to minimize the risk of stroke and heart disease are far from being daunting. Here are a few eating habits that one should follow;
Aside from eating habits, one should also maintain a healthy lifestyle by conforming to following habits;
- Find ways to reduce stress at work
- Avoid TV and go for outdoor activity
- Be regular in getting your cholesterol and blood pressure checked
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day
- Walk at least 150 minutes per week or break it in just 20 minutes per day
- Encourage your children to be engaged with physical activities
Events that mark the World Heart Day
A myriad of events take place across the globe to uphold healthy hearts. An array of interesting events like charities, walks and runs, health checks, public talks, seminars, shows and exhibitions take place to create and spread awareness.
The celebration of World Heart Day is all the more relevant at this crucial juncture when incidents of poor diet, obesity and physical inactivity are constantly on the rise. It is an alarming fact that 80% of untimely deaths from CVD could be avoided if one can control three fatal risk factors; usage of tobacco and alcohol, unhealthy diet, physical inactivity.
It is hoped that organizations will be even more proactive in spreading the awareness in coming days and the very purpose of marking 29th September as World Heart Day will be served to perfection.
Despite of all efforts being made, we cannot ensure a healthy life as ailments can come at anytime. We, therefore, should focus on health insurance schemes to remain safe. There cannot be a more fitting tribute to World Heart Day than being armed with a health cover.
You May Also Like:
- How Should You Plan Health Insurance For Your Family?
- Know Your Needs Well To Buy The Best Health Insurance In 2017
- Best Health Insurance Policies For 5 Deadly Diseases In India
- Health Insurance In India: Know The Right Coverage For Yourself & Your Family
- 5 Top Health Insurance Plans In India To Survive From Pollution
- Health Insurance Polices That Take Good Care Of Women In India
- Diwali 2016 : This Year Give Your Family The Gift Of Protection
- 10 Reasons Why Should You Buy Health Insurance In India Early
- How To Choose The Cheapest Health Insurance Online In India
- Health Insurance in India Welcomes Innovative Moves
- Eight Secrets to Choose the Best Health Insurance Plan in India
- How To Compare Health Insurance Online in India
- Consider riders and top-ups to enhance the coverage of your health insurance plan
- All that you need to know about mediclaim policy in India
- Finding the best health insurance in India is a breeze at GIBL.IN
- One in 10 People in Urban India Will Spend More Than 1 lac This Year For Medical Cost
- 6 Foolproof Ways To Save On Health Insurance Premium
- Budget 2016: A Mixed Bag For Insurance Sector In India
- 10 Easy Steps To Find The Best Health Insurance Policy In India
- Take Care Of Your Family With Best Health Insurance Plans
- Your 15 Point Checklist To Buy The Best Health Insurance Plan In 2016
- Top 5 health insurance plans in India that will smash in 2016
- Rise in tax benefit have proved to be a bliss for health insurance policyholders
- Top 5 health insurance companies that rocked in 2015
- Gift your parents a senior citizen health insurance plan this Diwali
- Looking for a individual health plan? Go online, compare and save on premium!
- Are cancer-specific health plans more beneficial than critical illness policies ?
- Consider 5 key aspects while buying a family floater plan
- Family Floater Health Insurance- Utilize This Unique Gift to Greater Measure
- 10 Point Checklist for Buying Health Insurance in India
- Hitting 30 next Year? Buy Health Insurance
- Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying Health Insurance
- Understanding the impact of health insurance on your life
- The Best Health Insurance Policy for Senior Citizens to Save Cost
- Top 10 Question to ask before buying a Health Insurance policy
- Is family floater right for you?
- Health insurance- Things you should know before buying